Sunday, November 11, 2012

Day 1: Today I am thankful for...

Today begins the Twelve Days of Thanksgiving! Counting down by sharing one thing I am thankful for each day.


Friends who inspire.

"Iron sharpens iron" is what best describes what I look for in dear friends. It's the people who prod you, challenge your thinking, encourage you in your pursuit of His kingdom, make words seem bright and new, and make you laugh in ways you never have before. They're also the ones whom you can feel at home with; who get where you come from and know where you want to go. And most of all, make you feel yourself and at peace in the present.


I have a few good friends who are scattered across the globe right now. I'm proud of each and every one of them--they inspire me to dream big and remind me to trust. I also have wonderful friends who walk with me in my day-to-day life here in Seattle, and they keep life fresh and keep me seeing the necessity of relationship. We laugh together, commiserate together, and dialogue about the mystery that is this life on earth. The weeks fly by because they keep my life full and enjoyable.

1 comment:

Spiro said...

i miss the day to day with you!

from here, you are scattered across the globe. enjoy the adventure of HOME.