Saturday, July 31, 2010

Over the hill

There are so many things I could say about Lakeside Bible Camp, but I will keep it brief.

No other place or experience has impacted me more than the time I have spent at camp.

I guarantee you that my life would be very different without it. It is where I truly gave my life to the Lord at age 13. It is where I fell before him in surrender at age 18.

Christ has revealed so much to me these past 8 years; from the programming and speaking I suppose, but mainly from the beautiful people who have become like family. They have been the source of encourgement, laughter, affirmation, rebuke, frustration, and challenge. They are my body of fellow believers; they are my church. It is through these people and experiences that have pushed me towards God. Or rather, God has brought me to him using these people and this place; I flee from him every day, and he continually brings me back into his arms.

To me, this place is the closest thing to heaven.

No comments: